Daniels Tasty Petfoods Limited a company registered in England and Wales with company number 10602827 with its registered office at 34 New House, 67-68 Hatton Gardens, London, EC1N 8JY.
Data Protection definitions
- From 25 May 2018 data protection and privacy measures governed by the General Data Protection Regulation ((EU) 2016/679) and any updating or supplemental legislation from time to time (“Data Protection Legislation”).
For the purpose of the Data Protection Legislation, where personal data is provided directly to us through the use of the Sites or other means, we will be a ‘Data Controller’ of such information. This is because we ultimately determine how personal data will be handled by us or our sub-contractors, who will be our ‘Data Processors’.
If we handle your personal data (this means any information that can be used to identify you, for example your name and e-mail address) you are a ‘Data Subject’ and this means you have certain rights under Data Protection Legislation in relation to how your personal data is processed, such rights are set out in this Policy.
Aged 16 or under?
If you are aged 16 or under, please get your parent/guardian’s permission beforehand whenever you provide personal information to our site. Users without this consent are not allowed to provide us with personal information.
Are you a sole trader / partnership or an individual communicating with us from a business?
Basis for Collection
We may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal data about you which we have grouped together as follows:
- Identity Data includes full name, username or similar identifier.
- Contact Data includes billing address, delivery address, e-mail address and telephone numbers.
- Financial Data includes bank account and payment card details.
- Transactional Data includes details about payments and transactions to and from you and other details of products and services you have purchased from us.
- Usage Data for example where a customer creates a login account, submit an enquiry or query through the Sites and includes information about you use our services.
- Marketing and Communications includes your preferences in receiving marketing from us.
- Technical Data includes (IP) addresses, your login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access the Sites.
If you fail to provide personal data
Wwe may not be able to perform the contract we have or are trying to enter into. In this case, we may have to cancel the services but we will notify you if this is the case at the time.
Purposes for which we will use your personal data
Set out below is a description of all the ways we plan to use your personal data, and which of the legal bases we rely on to do so.
Note that we may process your personal data for more than one lawful ground depending on the specific purpose for which we are using your personal data. Please contact us if you need details about the specific legal ground we are relying on to process your personal data where more than one ground has been set out in the table below.
|Purpose/Activity||Type of data||Lawful basis for processing including basis of legitimate interest|
|To register you as a new customer and verify your identity i.e. when you purchase any of our products or sign up to memberships (e.g. Breeders club)||(a) Identity
|Performance of a contract
|To process and deliver our services including:
(a) Manage payments, fees and charges
(b) Collect and recover money owed to us
(c) Contacting you and corresponding about the Services
|Performance of a contract
Necessary for our legitimate interests (to recover debts due to us)
|To administer the Sites and for internal operations, to ensure the Sites are presented in the most effective manner and keep the Sites safe and secure.||Technical||Legitimate interests|
|To respond to queries and enquiries||(a) Identity
|To undertake any marketing to you i.e. newsletters and to manage your memberships.||(a) Identity
Change of purpose
Daniels Tasty Petfoods will only use your personal data for the purposes for which it was collected for, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose. For an explanation as to how the processing for the new purpose is compatible with the original purpose, please contact us at email@example.com.
If we need to use your personal data for an unrelated purpose, we will notify you and we will explain the legal basis which allows us to do so.
Please note that we may process your personal data without your knowledge or consent, in compliance with the above rules, where this is required or permitted by law.
How your personal data may be shared
Daniels Tasty Petfoods may be required to share your personal data with the parties set out below:
- third party payment providers such as Sage Pay and Paypal Group;
- courier and delivery companies such as DPD;
- marketing agencies such as Mailchimp;
- debt recovery agencies;
- third party hosting provider;
Information we collect about you: we will use this information:
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to carry out appropriate and necessary investigations and discharge our legal and regulatory obligations and duties, including to comply with anti-fraud and anti-money laundering requirements, and (where applicable) to safeguard our staff and other customers/ users in respect of unlawful, disruptive or objectionable behaviour on our site;
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- build a profile of you (and your pet(s)), your preferences and your habits;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our site, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- in accordance with the “Consent” section below (“Using your information in accordance with data protection laws”) to deliver (whether directly or indirectly via third parties) effective and personalised marketing material and content of Daniels Tasty Petfoods and other companies within our group and to assist us in the improvement and optimisation of advertising, marketing material and content, our services and the sites; and
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you.
Information we receive from other sources: we may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
How we store personal data
All personal data is processed within the European Economic Area (“EEA”), we do not transfer your personal data outside of the EEA.
Personal Data Retention
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for and, for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements. For information about data retention periods please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Under certain circumstances, you have rights under Data Protection Legislation in relation to your personal data. These include the right to:
- request access to your personal data;
- request correction of your personal data;
- request erasure of your personal data;
- object to processing of your personal data;
- request restriction of processing your personal data;
- request transfer of your personal data; and
- right to withdraw consent.
To exercise any of the above rights please email your request to: email@example.com.
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
|Name of Cookie||Purpose|
|AWSELB||Used to distribute traffic to the Sites on several servers in order to optimise response times.|
|PHPSESSID||Preserves user session state across page requests.|
|cookie_consent||This cookie remembers if the cookie notification message has been accepted so it only shows once.|
|Form-key||This cookie is used in forms such as the checkout or “add to cart” to verify the request on the server side.|
|mage-cache-session||Facilitates caching of content on the browser to make pages load faster.|
|mage-cache-storage||Facilitates caching of content on the browser to make pages load faster.|
|mage-cache-storage-section-invalidation||Facilitates caching of content on the browser to make pages load faster.|
|mage-cache-timeout||Facilitates caching of content on the browser to make pages load faster.|
|mage-messages||Facilitates caching of messages in the browser to make pages load faster.|
|mage-translation-file-version||Facilitates translation of content to other languages.|
|private_content_version||Facilitates caching of content in the browser to make pages load faster.|
|product_data_storage||Temporary information of your session. This information is needed to optimize the speed of the website.|
|private_content_version||Facilitates caching of content on the browser to make pages load faster.|
|recently_compared_product||Allows you to view the items that you have recently compared.|
|recently_compared_product_previous||Allows you to view the items that you have recently compared|
|recently_viewed_product||Allows you to view the items that you have recently viewed.|
|recently_viewed_product_previous||Allows you to view the items that you have recently viewed.|
|section_data_ids||This cookie tracks expired customer data sections.|
|store||The store view or language you have selected.|
You block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our Sites.
The following third party Cookies may be placed on your computer or device:
|Name of cookie||Provider||Purpose|
|ads/ga-audiences||google.com||Used by Google Ad Words to re-engage visitors that are likely to convert to customers based on the visitors online behaviour across websites.|
|collect||google-analytics.com||Used to send data to Google Analytics about the visitor’s device and behaviour. Tracks the visitor across devices and marketing channels.|
Remember the Risks Whenever You Use the Internet
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure and has in place reasonable and proportionate safeguards and procedures to protect your personal information. While we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of any information that you transmit to us and you are solely responsible for maintaining the secrecy of any passwords or other account information.
It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal data changes during your relationship with us.
Using your information in accordance with data protection laws
Compliance with legal obligations: As an entity established under the laws of England and Wales, Daniels Tasty Petfoods is obliged to comply with UK laws and guidance provided by UK regulatory bodies. In particular, we will need to process your personal information to verify your identity, your source of funds for anti-money laundering and fraud purposes, and to establish whether you have been barred from using our site due to objectionable behaviour. You will not be able to object to processing or ask for the deletion of your personal information insofar as it falls under this category.
Daniels Tasty Petfoods Ltd,
34 New House,
67 – 68 Hatton Garden,
EC1N 8JY or firstname.lastname@example.org
Tel: 0843 523 5151
If you have concerns regarding our processing of your personal data or are not satisfied with our handling of any complaint or request by you in relation to your personal data, you also have the right to make a complaint to the Information Commissioner’s Office. Their address is:
First Contact Team
Information Commissioner’s Office